RCB Medical Arts Academy is a learning and mentoring community that creates a safe environment and alternative methods of scheduling, instructing and behavioral management to help under-supported students develop their visions and goals, their academic, medical and employability skills to ensure student success in life, college, and the workplace.

We Are Here To Help You Graduate!

We believe that all students can learn.

Admission of Homeless Students (McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Improvements Act of 2001)

Information for Parents

If your family lives in any of the following situations:

  • In a shelter, motel, vehicle, or campground
  • On the street
  • In an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate accommodations, or
  • Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing

Then, your preschool-aged and school-aged children have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act.

Your children have the right to:

  • Go to school, no matter where you live or how long you have lived there. They must be given access to the same public education, including preschool education, provided to other children.
  • Continue in the school they attended before you became homeless or the school they last attended, if that is your choice and is feasible. If a school sends your child to a school other than the one you request, the school must provide you with a written explanation and offer you the right to appeal the decision.
  • Receive transportation to the school they attended before your family became homeless or the school they last attended, if you or a guardian request such transportation.
  • Attend a school and participate in school programs with children who are not homeless. Children cannot be separated from the regular school program because they are homeless.
  • Enroll in school without giving a permanent address. Schools cannot require proof of residency that might prevent or delay school enrollment.
  • Enroll and attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of school and immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment.
  • Enroll and attend classes in the school of your choice even while the school and you seek to resolve a dispute over enrolling your children.
  • Receive the same special programs and services, if needed, as provided to all other children served in these programs.
  • Receive transportation to school and to school programs.

When you move, you should do the following:

  • Contact the school district’s liaison for homeless education (see phone number below) for help in enrolling your child in a new school or arranging for your child to continue in his or her former school. (Or, someone at a shelter, social services office, or the school can direct you to the person you need to contact.)
  • Contact the school and provide any information you think will assist the teachers in helping your child adjust to new circumstances.
  • Ask the local liaison for homeless education, the shelter provider, or a social worker for assistance with clothing and supplies, if needed.

Local Area Contact:

Barb Lee – 602.973.6018
RCB Medical Arts Academy

State Coordinator:

Frank and Migali – 602.542.4963
Arizona Department of Education

If you need further assistance, call the National Center for Homeless Education at the toll-free HelpLine number: 1-800-308-2145

To download the student residency form (English and Spanish), see the Student Residency Questionnaire.

If you are interested in the Madison Governing Board Policy regarding McKinney-Vento, see the Board Policy JFABD – Admission of Homeless Students.

See more at:

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter toUSDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

Unpaid Meal Charge and Debt Collection Policy

I. Purpose
The purpose of this policy is to establish consistent district practices for the provision of meals to students who have insufficient funds in their school meal accounts and the collection of unpaid meal debt.

II. General Statement of Policy
• AIBT Non-Profit Charter HS Inc.’s goal is to provide nutritious meals to students to promote healthy eating habits and enhance learning as well as maintain the financial integrity of the National School Lunch program and eliminate stigmatization of children who are unable to pay meal charges.
• It is the policy of AIBT to offer lunch meals that meet state and federal guidelines.
• Families may apply for free/reduced-price meal benefits anytime during the school year. Meal applications are distributed to all families in the district prior to the student’s first day of classes. In addition, applications are available at the front desk. If household income or size change, families can apply for meal benefits anytime during the school year.

III. Charge Policy
• All students will be provided a meal regardless of meal account status.
• Students eligible for free or reduced-price meals will always be served a meal regardless of unpaid food service accounts. When a student eligible for PAID meals has “cash in hand” to pay for a meal, the student will be served a meal regardless of unpaid foodservice accounts. The “cash in hand” will not be applied towards past due balances.
IV. Notification of Account Status
• Students will be given a lunch even if payment is not provided. A written and/or verbal reminder in private will be provided to the student.
• The parent/guardian will be notified via phone call when the student has received three unpaid meals.
• Food Service Department will encourage parents to complete the free/reduced-price meal application.
• A second request for payment is sent if parents have not responded to the first request.
• Notification methods may be different depending on grade groups, individual circumstances.

V. Collection of Unpaid Meal Debt
When the student meal balance is – $9.00 (three unpaid meals) the following collection actions will be taken:
• The building principal will contact the household to request payment.
• The building principal or their designee will contact the family and review with them their responsibility to provide meals for their student.
• The expectation is all fees owed to the district will be paid in full on the last day the student will be attending classes.

Enroll Today!

We are currently open for enrollment. Download the enrollment package or call 602-973-6018 to learn more about your new school!